Aji Yulianto
The Italy international believes Juve can still claim the Scudetto and insists that he is unfazed by transfer rumours.

23 Mar 2009 10:42:34

Iaquinta - Roma-Juventus Serie A (Grazia Neri)
Photo Gallery
Zoom
Iaquinta - Roma-Juventus Serie A (Grazia Neri)

Related Links

Teams

Players

Juventus forward Vincenzo Iaquinta has earned a starring role in recent weeks due to Amauri’s injury problems and David Trezeguet’s spat with coach Claudio Ranieri. He netted a crucial brace at the weekend as the Bianconeri destroyed Roma 4-1 at the Stadio Olimpico to maintain their Serie A title hopes.

“I am ready to bet on us winning the Scudetto,” the striker told Tuttosport. “We still believe in it and [we] will do so until the very end. This is our mentality; we have this in our DNA.

“As for me, I am like this: if I play, I score goals. This is no time to stoke controversy. I have got over that 'explosion’ in Catania; I was just furious for spending so much time on the bench.”

Iaquinta netted a goal against the Etnei and his wild celebration earned him a yellow card, which proved costly as he was later dismissed for a second offence.

“I feel good now and I started my fifth game on the trot in Rome,” he stated.

“Ranieri has put faith in me and I am repaying him. I have never listened to whispers that wanted me to head for the exit door. My future is here…”

Vince Masiello, Goal.com
Labels: edit post
0 Responses