Aji Yulianto

Tuesday 17 March, 2009

Roma forward Julio Baptista has controversially stated that referees in Serie A favour Juventus, as the Giallorossi prepare to face the Bianconeri.

There have been a number of suspect decisions in Inter's favour this term, which have prompted accusations of refereeing bias.

But Baptista seems to feel that officials have also made mistakes that benefit the Old Lady.

“In my opinion this refereeing situation doesn't just involve Inter,” the Brazilian told the Guerin Sportivo.

“I have also seen it happen with Juventus on four different occasions and it has always struck me as incredible.

“I would like to understand one day how these things happen. Against Atalanta the linesman made the wrong decision even though he was right next to the Juventus player.

“I don't think the referees are falsifying the League, but I have never seen things like this in other countries.”

Baptista then discussed Roma's ambitions as they chase Champions League qualification.

“I am certain that we can reach Inter's level,” he said. “Now that we are playing with tranquillity we can fly high.

“It's a shame we had to deal with so many injuries, but if we can get past that then we can finish fourth.”

Roma take on Juventus this weekend and there will be an atmosphere of tension after Baptista's comments.

Channel4
Photobucket
Labels: edit post
0 Responses