Aji Yulianto
The diminutive fantasista is adamant he has no intention of packing his bags and will make a name for himself at Juve.

30 Mar 2009 08:01:11

Sebastian Giovinco - Juventus-Catania - Serie A (Grazia Neri)
Photo Gallery
Zoom
Sebastian Giovinco - Juventus-Catania - Serie A (Grazia Neri)

Related Links

Teams

Players

Sebastian Giovinco's first proper season at Juventus has not been entirely satisfactory; the ‘Atomic Ant’ has made only 12 starting appearances in all competitions.

The 22-year-old has been given more space in the starting XI in recent weeks, but there are persistent rumours that the Old Lady could use him as bait to land Sampdoria star Antonio Cassano in the summer.

“Do you know why I keep saying I won’t be leaving Juve? It’s very simple: it does not get better than this at 22,” Giovinco told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“Of course I don’t want to sit on the bench for 15 years. But I am stubborn - I want to stay here. And it goes without saying that I want to play because consistency is important for every player.

“And I want to win. You have to win something in order to become a champion. I want to win something big with Juventus.”

Giovinco has stressed how he looks to Alessandro Del Piero for guidance and rumour has it that the Bianconeri captain often reprimands his young team-mate on the pitch.

“That is what people say to stir up controversy,” claimed Giovinco. “Del Piero is one of my team-mates and he is the skipper. He always doles out advices and not just to young players.

“He has never won the Ballon d’Or, but he is nonetheless a World Cup winner. Do I dream of making the Italy squad for South Africa? I think about it but for now I just want to find more space at Juve.”

Vince Masiello, Goal.com
Labels: edit post
0 Responses