Aji Yulianto

Monday 23 March, 2009

Genoa defender Salvatore Bocchetti has described his call-up to the Italy squad as “a dream come true.”

The 22-year-old spent last season at Serie B minnows Frosinone, but he has impressed in the Grifone back line.

Bocchetti had a glowing career at Azzurrini level, but was clearly surprised to receive the senior call to face Montenegro and the Republic of Ireland.

“This selection represents the realisation of a dream,” the Naples native told Radio Kiss Kiss.

“Just last year I was in Serie B with Frosinone. To get an Azzurri cap is the ultimate milestone and it has given me immense joy.

“It is a reward for all the sacrifices I have made since I was a child.”

Bocchetti has been linked with a transfer to hometown team Napoli in recent weeks.

“It could be another dream to play for my city's team, but my present is Genoa. I am happy here and I want to stay,” he said.

channel4
Labels: edit post
0 Responses