Aji Yulianto

Tuesday 5 May, 2009

Roma captain Francesco Totti has opened the door to an Azzurri return for the 2010 World Cup.

Er Pupone retired from the international game shortly after the 2006 World Cup Final.

Totti was determined to focus on playing for Roma and hoped to reduce his injury problems.

After another impressive season though, many still feel Totti could add to the Italian national side in South Africa.

“The Italy shirt is the only one other than Roma that I have ever worn,” Totti told Roma Magazine.

“I was lucky to win quite a lot for my country - the 1996 European Championship with the Azzurrini and the 2006 World Cup, as well as the Mediterranean Games in 1997.

“It was a shame that we lost out on Euro 2000 when we were leading with 30 seconds to go, but all in all my Azzurri experience was very positive.

“Am I thinking about the 2010 World Cup? Let's leave Marcello Lippi to work in peace with his players, but if I got the call…”

Channel4
Labels: edit post
0 Responses