Aji Yulianto
The former Liverpool man is worried about seeing his side crumble further, and he has stepped in to offer guidance...

14 Apr 2009 14:22:00

Momo Sissoko - Juventus-Milan - Serie A (Grazia Neri)
Photo Gallery
Zoom

Juventus midfielder Mohamed Sissoko is urging his team-mates to use extra caution and keep a tight grip on second place in Serie A.

With prospects of a Scudetto win looking extremely bleak, the Bianconeri need to focus on keeping hold of the automatic Champions League place. Juventus are winless in their last two matches and have seen Milan close the gap to just two points. Sissoko, who is recovering from a foot operation, believes it's a case of looking behind rather than in front.

"I have been following what has been happening recently with the team," Sissoko told Juventus Channel.

"They are going through a particular moment. However, I am sure that they will pick themselves up to finish the season in second place."

The Mali international is likely to be out of action until the end of term, but he admits his recovery is progressing well.

"Everything is getting better, I am fine now," added the powerhouse.

"I can walk without the need of crutches and I hope to be back soon so I can play in the World Cup qualifiers with my country."

Salvatore Landolina, Goal.com
Labels: edit post
0 Responses